Welcome to the Crown Vics ETC blog!

On April 6, 2000, I purchased a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX HPP with 23,490 miles. I decided to start a little website for it featuring a running log of my experiences with the car. Vic 1.0 was retired in 2015 due to rust and electrical issues. Vic 2.0 was a 2006 P71 in Blue Pearl that belonged to my boyfriend. It was a Ford demo and never saw actual police use. It was damaged in September of 2018 with well over 186,000 miles. It was replaced by Vic 3.0 in October 2018, a 2008 P71 in Silver Birch with 120,971 miles. To read posts prior to 2010, click a link at right, or go to Crown Vics, ETC.

Friday, October 19, 2012

UPDATE: Going Nowhere Fast

Yesterday morning I stepped out of the house, ready to run some errands, and I noticed the car didn't look right.  It seemed to be slanting in one direction.  A peek around to the passenger side and there it was, a very flat tire.

After some worrying and fretting, things ended up working out.  I used my life saving little portable air pump and got the tire back up to pressure.  I drove down to my old mechanic's shop, and his son did a real pit stop.  Tire off, fixed, and back on car in less than 20min.  That includes the time we spent taking the spare tire out of the trunk.  I didn't expect him to offer to plug the tire right then and there. 

The tire had a slow leak for months, and now I know why.  It was the beat up 3/4" brad/nail he pulled out.  The big leak was from the 1 1/2" screw.  I could actually hear the air blowing out after I pumped it up in the driveway.  I had driven the car the day before with no issues, so I must have picked it up close to home...

No comments:

Post a Comment