Welcome to the Crown Vics ETC blog!

On April 6, 2000, I purchased a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX HPP with 23,490 miles. I decided to start a little website for it featuring a running log of my experiences with the car. Vic 1.0 was retired in 2015 due to rust and electrical issues. Vic 2.0 was a 2006 P71 in Blue Pearl that belonged to my boyfriend. It was a Ford demo and never saw actual police use. It was damaged in September of 2018 with well over 186,000 miles. It was replaced by Vic 3.0 in October 2018, a 2008 P71 in Silver Birch with 120,971 miles. To read posts prior to 2010, click a link at right, or go to Crown Vics, ETC.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eleventh Anniversary!

Today marks my 11th Anniversary with Vic.  In a time where most people don't keep ANYTHING longer than a few years, I have to say I am pretty proud.  It has just over 122,250 miles, so that means I have put about 98,760 miles on it. 

Today, I noticed that the headlights were getting cloudy.  So I grabbed our ancient can of rubbing compound and some Meguiar's PlastX plastic
polish.  They look a lot better.  I forgot to take a "before" photo, but at
left is an "after" shot.

I'm sure they would look even better if I had some kind of buffer, or one of those kits where you can use a regular drill.  I decided to use what I had.  My headlights are not 11 years old, but about 10, as a nice service writer replaced them for me when the car was still under warranty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment