Welcome to the Crown Vics ETC blog!

On April 6, 2000, I purchased a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria LX HPP with 23,490 miles. I decided to start a little website for it featuring a running log of my experiences with the car. Vic 1.0 was retired in 2015 due to rust and electrical issues. Vic 2.0 was a 2006 P71 in Blue Pearl that belonged to my boyfriend. It was a Ford demo and never saw actual police use. It was damaged in September of 2018 with well over 186,000 miles. It was replaced by Vic 3.0 in October 2018, a 2008 P71 in Silver Birch with 120,971 miles. To read posts prior to 2010, click a link at right, or go to Crown Vics, ETC.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

A New Addition to the Driveway... Introducing, MomVic!

I never thought I'd see this day, but here it is... Introducing, MomVic!

Yes, after all these years, Ma finally has a Crown Vic of her very own.  Her 1999 Lincoln Town Car finally looked so crappy and needed enough repairs that it was retired, miles unknown thanks to a replaced digital dash, but still under 100,000 miles.

MomVic is a 2011 LX in black with gray leather, about 85,000 miles.  So far, she really likes it.  It did sit for a while before being sold at auction, so there are a couple of things to look into, like one rear door power lock that doesn't seem to be working, and the CD player isn't working.  Shame, because it is super-clean and nice.

Even though it was clean, it needed a good wax.  I just wasn't up to doing it myself, not on a black car, so we had Arlington Auto Detailing handle the job.  Everyone was impressed with the results!

And YES, I am jealous of the rims..............  I did the initial clean up of them myself, for old time's sake...

Alas, this IS Massachusetts, so from here on, it will be subject to snow & salt, pollen & bird mess, parking lots & jerk drivers.  All reasons I myself could NEVER live with a black car!  Vic 2.0's medium blue paint was hard enough to live with!

On the way to it's new home...
Fresh from the detailer...
Settling into a new driveway... 
The 1999 Lincoln Town Car in 2016... I never liked
that car, and am glad to see it GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment